Chevrolet Repair/Intermittent no start

Question
Hi Tom,

I have a 1995 Grand Am Gt 3.1 L with an aftermarket viper alarm/remote start.
Intermittently,it wont start after having been driven.It was real intermittent for the longest time,seemed to happen when it was raining /damp out.Lately it has been happening all the time,regardless of weather,seems like something gets hot,then it wont restart.IT WILL NOT CRANK.
As stated ,it has an aftermarket alarm (Viper) on it.During the failure, I check at different points in the wiring,i have power at the yellow wire at the neutral switch,power out at the purple wire.
This had the recall done where a starter relay and wiring were added to prevent fires at the ignition switch.
I have power on the purple wire at the relay and power on pin 30 of the relay. I noted that when it fails,i lose power on pin 30 red wire at the relay.soon as it comes back,vehicle cranks.
This has a red wire now on the S terminal of the solenoid and the ppl wire is at the relay.
Relay has 2 red wires,a ppl wire and a ground.
I replaced the relay before i realized it loses power on pin 30 .
My question is,would this be moreso an alarm fault or could it be an Ignition Switch fault.

Thanks for your time

Joe

Answer
HI JOE, YES JOE THIS COULD FOR SURE BE THE ALARM SYSTEM CAUSING THIS. I CAN NOT TELL YOU HOW MANY TIMES WE HAVE RUN INTO A AFTERMARKET ALARM MODULE ACTING UP...YOU COULD FIND A WIRING DIAGRAM TO THIS ALARM SYSTEM TO CK FOR POWER FROM THE ING SWITCH TO THE ALARM MODULE..IF POWER IS THERE AND NOT OUT. YOU FOUND YOUR PROBLEM, OR YOU COULD JUST REMOVE IT FROM THE SYSTEM AND  AS A TEST SEE IF THIS CURES YOUR FAULT...VERY RARE THAT THE SWITCH GOES BAD...IT CAN HAPPEN BUT AGAIN IT IS RARE...LET ME KNOW HOW THIS GOES AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU..TOM

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS