Chevrolet Repair/How to re-install fuel door and fuel door spring

Question
Good Day Tom,I have a 1983 Chevy pick-up K10.My fuel door spring was no good.I have new spring but don't how to  install it and the door.Can you help?Thanks for your time.

Answer
HI RUCHARD,OR IS IT RICHARD ??? THIS IS GOING TO BE VERY HARD TO EXPLAIN THIS TO YOU...THE DOOR SHOULD BE HELD ON BY 2 BOLTS [HEAD SIZE ABOUT 10 MM.] THE BOLTS ARE USUALLY ATTATCHED TO THE SIDE OF THE BED INNER SHELL..YOU MAY NEED TO REMOVE THE PLASTIC LINER TO GET AT THE BOLTS TO REMOVE.THIS IS WHAT IS AROUND YOUR GAS TANK FILL NECK.. ONCE THE OLD DOOR IS OFF AND NEW DOOR IS INSTALLED YOU NEED TO TAKE THE SPRING CLIP AND PUT THE UPPER AND LOWER END OF THE SPRING CLIP IN IN THE GROOVES OF THE DOOR AND FOLD THE SPRING BACK INTO ITS HOLDER SO IT IS SPRING LOADED TO THE DOOR... I KNOW THIS PROBABLY MAKES NO SENSE TO YOU BUT, WHEN YOU LOOK AT THE DOOR AND SPRING YOU MAYBE ABLE TO SEE HOW IT GOES..HAVE YOU TRIED TO GOOGLE THIS UP SO YOU CAN SEE A PICTURE OF THIS TO HELP YOU SEE HOW IT GOES...I AM NOT AT WORK NOW SO I CAN NOT SEND YOU A PHOTO OF HOW IT LOOKS..SEE IF YOU CAN FIND IT ON GOOGLE AND IF NOT GET BACK TO ME AND I WILL SEE IF I CAN FIND A EXPLODED VIEW OF THIS AND SEND YOU A PICTURE FROM MY WORK PROGRAM... GOOD LUCK,,,TOM..

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS