Chevrolet Repair/Saturn L300 P0050

Question
QUESTION: Hello!
There's no Saturn expert but I know chevy makes my 2003 Saturn L300 so why not!

My check engine light came on, read the code at a P0050. O2 sensor, bank 2 sensor 1.
I was wondering if this has to be taken in to a shop or am I able to fix this in my garage if I just go buy the part? How would I go about fixing this?

Thank you!

ANSWER: HI JESS. THIS CODE IS FOR A FAULTY HEATED OXYGEN SENSOR OR CK ALL OF YOUR FUSES BEFORE REPLACING THIS..THIS CODE IS FOR A OPEN CIRCUIT TO THE O2 SENSOR OR OPEN IN THE HEATED SIDE OF SENSOR. MOST OF THE TIME IT IS A FAULTY HEATED O2 SENSOR....THERE IS A LONG FLOW CHART FOR THIS..BUT IF YOU FEEL LUCKY CK ALL OF YOUR FUES AND IF OK REPLACE THE HEATED OXYGEN SENSOR..IF YOU DO NOT FEEL LUCKY TAKE THIS TO A SHOP THAT CAN RUN A DATA TEST WITH GM SOFTWARE.. YOUR PART STORE WILL KNOW WHICH SENSOR TO GIVE YOU BANK 2[ DOWN STREAM BANK 1 THAT IS CYLINDER # 1 SIDE] IF THIS IS WAHT YOU WANT TO DO....HOPE THIS HELPS YOU AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,TOM..

bank 2 sensor 1
bank 2 sensor 1  
QUESTION: Where is this located? I've changed out things on my car myself. Hoping I can jilusy reach it and replace it myself.
Is there a diagram showing where this is located on my car? Or can you explain to me whete it is?
I was told its right in the front. But I would like to br sure.
I'm trying to attach a picture.

ANSWER: HI JESS, FIND YOUR # 1 CYLINDER  AND IT IS THE SECOND OXYGEN SENSOR ON THAT EXHAUST SIDE NOT THE FIRST ONE..YOU WILL HAVE 2 CYLINDER BANKS ON A V6. YOU WANT CYLINDER # 1 THAT IS BANK ONE AND THEN YOU WANT THE SECOND O2 SENSOR...GOOD LUCK,, TOM

QUESTION: How would I go about changing this? I located it!

Answer
HI JESS,IN MY FIRST ANSWER TO YOU I WAS WRONG. PAY NO ATTENTION TO WHAT I SAID..BANK 2 SENSOR 1 IS AS FOLLOWS. FIND YOUR # 2 CYLINDER ON YOUR ENGINE AND REPLACE THE FIRST O2 SENSOR WHICH WILL BE IN THE EXHAUST MANIFOLD [BANK 2 SENSOR 1]IN FRONT ON TOP..  THE IMAGE THAT YOU SENT IS CORRECT.YOU GOT LUCKY ON THIS ONE [EASY TO GET AT]. I FEEL REAL BAD I GAVE YOU THE WRONG INFO. I READ YOUR QUESTION WRONG.. ALL YOU WILL NEED IS A 7/8" WRENCH OR YOU CAN RENT A OXYGEN SENSOR SOCKET FROM A PARTS STORE IF A WRENCH WILL NOT FIT...JUST UNSCREW IT LIKE YOU WOULD A SPARK PLUG AFTER REMOVING THE WIRING HARNESS TO IT. SOMETIMES THERE IS SOME LUBRICATION IN THE BOX WITH THE NEW O2 SENSOR,PUT THIS ON THE THREADS ONLY, NOT A LOT, JUST ENOUGH TO LUBE THE THREADS. HOPE THIS HELPS YOU AND GOOD LUCK,,TOM

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS