Chevrolet Repair/2000 chevy silverado

Question
QUESTION: a burning smell(almost like electrical) then the brakes failed

ANSWER: GOOD MORN MICHAEL, YOU SAY THE BRAKES FAILED DO YOU MEAN THAT THE PEDAL WENT TO THE FLOOR OR HARD PEDAL AND JUST COULD NOT STOP ????I AM GOING WITH A HARD PEDAL BECAUSE OF THE BURNING SMELL. THIS SOUND TO ME AS IF A BRAKE CALIPER HAS SIEZED UP CREATING ALOT OF HEAT [BURNING SMELL] WHICH WOULD CAUSE BRAKE FADE FROM HEAT BUILD UP..I WOULD JACK THIS UP AND SEE WHICH WHEEL DOES NOT SPIN FREELY..IF THEY ALL SPIN FREE AFTER THEY COOLED DOWN YOU MAY NEED TO DRIVE THIS AGAIN TILL IT STARTS TO LOCK UP OR SMELLS.. THEN JACK IT UP AND SEE WHICH WHEEL IS BINDING WHEN YOU TRY TO SPIN THE WHEEL..OR,,,YOU COULD REMOVE ALL THE WHEELS AND CK FOR ANY DISCOLORING OF A BRAKE ROTOR..A HEATED ROTOR WILL TURN ALMOST BLUE IN COLOR. WHEN AND IF YOU FIND THIS I WOULD SUSPECT THE CALIPER OR BRAKE HOSE IS NO GOOD..CALIPER IS NOT RELEASING WHEN IT GETS HOT [EXPANSION] OR IF THE BRAKE HOSE IS THE PROBLEM IT IS COLLASPED INTERNALLY..NOT ALLOWING FLUID TO GO BACK UP THE LINE..LET ME KNOW IF THIS HELPS YOU OR IF NOT GET BACK TO ME,GOOD LUCK TO YOU,TOM.......

QUESTION: thanks..but the brake pedal went to the floor (no brakes)..this morning went out and looked it over and tried them again theres brakes again for how long i dont know

ANSWER: HI MICHAEL, OK THEN THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE EITHER A CALIPER HANGING UP WHICH IS CAUSING BRAKE PEDAL FADE,WHICH WILL GO TO THE FLOOR IF THE BRAKES GET SUPER HEATED...IF THERE WERE NO SMELL I WOULD SAY IT HAS A BAD MASTER CYLINDER. BUT BECAUSE THERE IS THAT BURNING SMELL THIS TELLS ME THAT THE BRAKES GOT HOT..CK THE ROTORS FRONT AND REAR FOR DISCOLORING AS I SAID ABOVE. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU FIND..GOOD LUCK TOM...

QUESTION: some one told me it was the abs module under drivers side what you think about that

Answer
HI MICHAEL, WE HAVE TO FIND OUT WHAT THE SMELL IS ??? IT IS POSSIBLE THAT THE ABS MAY CAUSE A NO PEDAL CONDITION BUT RARE..DID YOU LOOK AT THE ROTORS YET TO SEE IF ONE LOOKED BURNED...I WOULD ALSO THINK THAT IT THE ELECTRICAL PART OF THE ABS MODULE SHORTED OUT OR BURNED THE PRINTED CIRCUIT THE ABS LIGHT WOULD BE [[[ON BY NOW...]]]THINGS DO NOT BURN UP AND SMELL AND THEN THE NEXT DAY ALL IS OK.... YOU SAID THE THE BRAKES FELT NORMAL THIS MORNING..I AM GOING BACK TO SUPER HEATED CONDITION..CK THE ROTORS AND PUT YOUR NOSE BY THE WHEEL AREA, SEE IF YOU SMELL ANYTHING  UNUSUAL...LET ME KNOW TOM...

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS