Chevrolet Repair/2000 Chevy Tahoe

Question
The fuel pressure gauge (gas hand) is not working right it bounce back and forth all the time but everything else seem to be fine, and the ac comes on and blow hard but hot air, I had it recharged and it was leaking a little but now it want take anymore freon and it still blow hot.

Answer
HI ANDREA, THE GAS GAUGE PROBLEM IS MORE THEN LIKELY IN YOUR FUEL TANK SENDING UNIT MODULE. THIS IS A FUEL PUMP AND SENDING UNIT WHICH CONTROLS YOUR GAUGE..THE GAS TANK WILL NEED TO BE DROPPED TO GET AT THIS..THIS IS NOT CHEAP TO REPAIR..SOME PEOPLE JUST KEEP TRAC OF THERE MILAGE
DRIVE 350 MILES AND FILL IT UP SO YOU DO NOT RUN OUT OF GAS..
AS FOR YOUR A/C PROBLEM,IF THE FREON IS FULL AND STILL BLOWING HOT OR WARM AIR THIS SOUNDS LIKE A BLEND DOOR IS NOT CLOSING UP TO YOUR HEATER CORE WHICH IS ALLOWING HOT AIR IN AND NOT COLD AIR OFF OF THE A/C EVAPORATOR..THIS IS UNDER DASH WORK..BLEND DOORS OR SOLENOIDS THAT CONTROL THESE ACTUATOR DOORS.WOULD NEED TO LOOK AT THIS PROBLEM TO SEE WHAT THE CAUSE IS.. I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU OR IF YOU NEED MORE INFO GET BACK TO ME...TOM

HI ANDREA, JUST WANTED TO ALSO TELL YOU THAT WHEN YOU TURN THE A/C ON MAKE SURE THE CLUTCH IS ENGAGED ON THE FRONT OF THE A/C COMPRESSOR. IF IT IS TURNING THAN THE BLEND DOOR INSIDE THE CAB IS MORE THAN LIKLEY THE FAULT AS I SAID ABOVE..BUT IF THE A/C COMPRESSOR IS NOT TURNING ON THEN YOU MAY HAVE A FAULTY COMPRESSOR CLUTCH OR WIRING TO THE A/C COMPRESSOR...SORRY ABOUT THAT. THANKS FOR THE GOOD RATING...TOM

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS