Chevrolet Repair/2007 silverado classic 2500

Question
I have this whining noise , which I think is coming from around  the transmission , it appears to shifting normal and trans gauge appears normal range, however I did have the torque converter go in it last year which was still under warranty . It is a 07 Chevy Silverado with a 6 litre 4 speed trans

Answer
HI DALE, THE ONLY WAY YOU WILL KNOW FOR SURE IS TO REMOVE THE TORQUE CONVERTOR BOLTS TO THE FLYWHEEL. YOU CAN GET AT THEM TROUGH INSPECTION COVER UNDER THE FRONT SIDE OF THE TRANS JUST BEHIND THE ENG..REMOVE THIS COVER AND YOU WILL NEED TO TURN THE FLYWHEEL BY HAND USING A TOOL LIKE A SCREW DRIVER,UNLESS YOU HAVE A FLYWHEEL TOOL TO MOVE IT TO GET AT THE 3 OR 4 BOLTS THAT HOLD IT IN PLACE. JUST ROTATE IT UNTILL ALL THE BOLTS ARE REMOVED,NOW THE TORQUE WILL SPIN FREE OF THE ENGINE BY HAND..NOW START THE ENG UP LIKE THIS,IF THE NOISE IS GONE MORE THEN LIKELY THE FRONT TRANSMISSION PUMP IS MAKING THIS NOISE..IF THE NOISE IS STILL THERE THE ENG IS MAKING THIS NOISE..IF IN DOUBT REMOVE THE DRIVE BELT FIRST,START IT AND SEE IF THE NOISE IS GONE. MAYBE A PULLEY NOISE AND NOT IN THE TRANSMISSION..HOPE THIS HELPS YOU AND IF NOT GET BACK TO ME..TOM

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS