Chevrolet Repair/antifreeze leak at base of bypass pipe

Question
My 2004 chevy venture v6 leaks antifreeze at base of bypass pipe,below the airbleed screw above the water pump housing as it sits in the garage not running.  The leak does not appear to be coming from the attached hose or clamp.  Is there a gasket between the pipe and water pump housing?  If so, how can I repair it?

Answer
HI PAUL,,,REMOVE THE BOLT THAT HOLDS THE BY PASS PIPE TO THE HOUSING AND PULL IT STRAIGHT UP AND OUT...YOU MAY NEED TO REMOVE SOME OTHER HOLD DOWN BOLTS TO LIFT THE PIPE UP AND OUT..ONCE OUT YOU WILL FIND A RUBBER O-RING ON THE PIPE. REMOVE THIS OLD RING AND BRING IT TO YOUR PARTS STORE  TO  MATCH UP TO GET A NEW RING..ALSO MAKE SURE THE TUBE IS IN GOOD SHAPE. SOMETIMES THEY RUST CAUSING A LEAK. SO IF THE PIPE LOOKS GOOD,, REPLACE THE O-RING AND PUT SOME SILICONE SEALER ON IT BEFORE YOU INSERT IT BACK INTO THE HOUSING. ALSO CLEAN BOTH THE PIPE AND HOUSING OUT WITH SOME SAND PAPER TO REMOVE ANY DEBRIS... .LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEM..GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,TOM..

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS