Chevrolet Repair/chevy suburban

Question
QUESTION: I have a 95 Chevy Suburban k1500 5.7 liter. When its in park its running at 1000rpm it sounds like its missing but I checked and changed my spark plugs and wires. When you put it in drive it drops down less than 1000rpm and then it feels like it wants to cut off and sometimes it do but it starts right back up.

ANSWER: HI DEXTER,SO YOU ARE SAYING THAT AFTER YOU PUT THE NEW WIRES AND PLUGS IN,, IT IS NO LONGER SKIPPING ??? YOU ARE SURE THAT PROBLEM IS NOW GONE...WHEN YOU PUT THIS IN DRIVE THE RPM SHOULD BE AROUND 700 RPMS. IT SOUNDS TO ME LIKE THIS ENGINE MAY HAVE A VACUUM LEAK..GET YOURSELF SOME STARTING FLUID AND SPRAY ALL AROUND THE INTAKE AREA AND THROTTLE BODY. IF THE IDLE COMES DOWN YOU FOUND YOUR LEAK..THIS SHOULD IDLE AROUND 850 TO 900 IN PARK..THIS COULD ALSO MAKE THE ENG STALL OUT FROM TIME TO TIME DEPENDING ON WHERE OR WHAT THE VACUUM LEAK IS....ALSO HOW IS THIS DRIVING DOWN THE ROAD AT SAY 40 MPH UNDER A LOAD.. GET BACK TO ME WITH SOME MORE INFO IF POSSIBLE AND ALSO MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE SURE THAT THIS ENGINE DOES NOT HAVE A SKIP IN IT..TRY A BRAKE STAND IN GEAR PUT YOUR FOOT ON THE BRAKE AND RAISE THE IDLE TO AROUND 1200 RPMS THIS SHOULD BE REAL SMOOTH LIKE THIS,IF NOT THERE IS A SKIP IT IT..LET ME KNOW HOW THIS GOES,,,GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,TOM.

QUESTION: Hello tom yes it still have a miss in it I sprayed the starting fluid like you said and nothing happened. In park its running at 1000 rpms and when I put it in drive its running about 800 to 900 rpms.

Answer
HI DEXTER,FIND THE CYINDER THAT HAS THE SKIP,THEN CK THAT INTAKE RUNNER FOR ANY VACUUM LEAKS IN A HOSE OR CONNECTION GOING TO THAT RUNNER..MAKE SURE IT IS NOT A IGNITION SKIP LIKE FAULTY IGNITION WIRES OR SPARK PLUGS..LAST BUT NOT LEAST A BURNED VALVE. HOW DID YOU CHECK THE PLUGS AND WIRES??? IF YOU SPRAYED ALL AROUND AND NO CHANGE WAS FOUND, THIS SOUNDS LIKE A IGNTION PROBLEM OR VALVE. A SKIP MAY CAUSE HIGH IDLE BECAUSE OF THE IDLE AIR CONTROL WILL INCREASE IT SO IT WONT STALL OUT.[OVER-RIDE SETTING].LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU FIND..GOOD LUCK,,,TOM

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS