Chevrolet Repair/Limp mode....?

Question
The Burb
The Burb  
I have a 2003 Suburban 1500 LT 4x4, has approximately 150 k miles.  My cats were stolen off my truck 2 months ago. Before I knew this happened I was driving and thought my tranny went out. No slipping p Dior, no issues Im aware of. Then I find out what happened. I had universal cats installed. I remained in limp mode, only getting 2nd then taking OD off for 3rd. I did a tranny fluid and filter change. Added the SeaFoam transmission cleaner as well as the Chevron with Techron fuel additive as I usually do few times a year. Seemed to bea little better I was able to get 3rd by manipulating gas pedal a bit, can't press too hard orbit just winds, then getting up to 4th w OD off.  I had to redo the filter /tranny fluid after a few days, the SeaFoam worked great.... I threw codes after the cats were put back on 137 & 157, but have no check engine light currently.Today I replaced the 02 sensors, checked all the solenoids when changing fluid, all was fine. So now , Im told, after having these types of codes, I have to do a OBD II drive cycle.... I'm preparing to do this tomorrow. But ultimately if all this doesn't work Im expecting the 3-4 went out and has to be replaced...? But then why would Iget either gears at all...?  Any suggestions WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED! Oh, I did go thru throttle body, and Im checking the MAF sensor tomorrow.

Andrea

Answer
GOOD MORN ANDREA, YOUR CATS WERE STOLEN OFF YOUR TRUCK..WOW, THATS BAD...THAT HAD TO BE LOUD...
IT SOUNDS TO ME LIKE THE VALVE BODY SOLENOIDS ARE STICKING OR NOT RECEIVING THE SIGNAL TO WORK.OR THE CLUTCHES ARE BAD . YOU SAY YOU CHECKED THE SOLENOIDS..HOW DID YOU CK THEM ??? DID YOU CHECK FOR SIGNAL FROM THE PCM TO SEE IF IT WAS GETTING SIGNAL ??? THE WAY WE CHECK IS HOOK UP OUR SCAN TOOL AND SEND A SIGNAL TO THE SOLENOID AND SEE IF IT GETS THERE,POSS SHORT,BAD PCM OR BAD SOLENOID..BUT YOU CAN NOT GUESS. SO IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A SCAN TOOL TO CK THIS IS ITS JUST A GUESS. IAM NOT SAYING YOUR ARE WRONG ON YOUR HUNCH,YOU MAY NEED TO HVE THE TRANS REBUILT,BUT LETS BE SURE FIRST..I DO NOT KNOW WHY YOU ARE GOING THROUGH THE THROTTLE BODY OR CHECKING THE MAF ????I HOPE I ANSWERED THIS OK FOR YOU,BUT THIS IS VAGUE, IF YOU NEED MORE INFO GET BACK TO ME. GOOD LUCK TO YOU,, TOM...

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS