Chevrolet Repair/rochester 2 G carburetor

Question
Hello, I have a 1970 Chev 3/4 ton pickup,350 engine 4 speed stick shift , it has a Rochester 2 bbl carburetor , i have not driven the truck for about a year but did start it up and run every month or so . last weekend i decided  it needed to go for a run on the road anyway i had a real hard time trying to start it i noticed the accelerator pump was not squirting gas down the bores, so today i took carb off and changed accelerator pump all gaskets check balls , float ect cleaned it and put it back but i am still having the same problem . THank you for your time and help ,Garry

Answer
HI GARRY,,THIS IS FAIRLY COMMON,IT IS CALLED,CONTAMINATION.  THE OLD FUEL HAS JELLED AND PLUGGED THINGS UP.. THIS IS WHY THEY SELL [STABIL].. THE ONLY WAY TO CORRECT THIS IS TO REMOVE THE CARBURETOR FROM THE ENG AND OPEN IT UP AND SOAK IT IN A CARBURETOR CLEANER TANK..NOW I NOTICED THAT YOU LIVE IN CALIF..SO THIS STUFF IS PROBABLY ILLEGAL IN YOUR STATE..SO,TAKE THE CARBURETOR OFF THE INTAKE AGAIN, OPEN IT UP AND USE CARB CLEANER AND COMPRESSED AIR INTO ALL THE VENTURIES AND ALL OF THE VENTS AND ORIFICES THIS SHOULD REMOVE ALL OF THE GUM THAT IS IN THE CARB.. REMOVE THE 2  IDLE MIXTURE SCREWS AND BLOW CARB CLEANER INTO THESE AS WELL,THEN USE AIR. UNDER THE ACCELERATOR PUMP YOU WILL SEE A SMALL ORIFICE HOLE,USE CARB CLEANER ON THIS AS WELL  AND BLAST AIR INTO THIS.. THIS SHOULD REMOVE AND LOOSEN ANY GUM THAT IS INSIDE...ALSO SOAK THE ACCELERATOR PUMP IN TRANSMISSION OIL FOR ABOUT 30 MINUTES TO SWELL THE PUMP, THIS WILL MAKE THE PUMP WORK REAL GOOD.[TRICKS OF THE TRADE] IT WILL NOT HARM IT..I AM NOT KIDDING ABOUT THIS..LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE PROBLEMS AFTER THIS. I DO HAVE QUESTION FOR YOU,,WHY DOES THIS NOT HAVE A FOUR BARREL CARB ON IT ??? QUADRAJET.....GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES FOR YOU.. TOM..

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS