Chevrolet Repair/88 gmc s15

Question
I have rebuilt my tbi and replaced the fiel pump and filter. My truck runs for a few seconds and shuts off. I have checked all of the fuse and replaced the relay. Still my truck will not start. When I tirn the key I can hear the fuel pump. But the truck will not start.

Answer
HI RALPH, WHEN THIS STALLS OUT, HAVE YOU CHECKED TO SEE IF THE ENGINE HAS FUEL OR IGNITION ??? IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A FUEL PRESSURE GAUGE CRACK LOOSE THE MAIN FUEL LINE TO THE TBI AND HAVE SOMEBODY CRANK THE ENGINE OVER TO SEE IF THERE IS ANY FUEL UP THIS LINE. FUEL SHOULD COME OUT OF THIS LINE THE ENTIRE TIME THE ENGINE IS CRANKING OVER. IF SO WE CAN RULE A FUEL PROBLEM OUT..
NEXT CK FOR SPARK AT ONE OF THE SPARK PLUGS, REMOVE A SPARK PLUG WIRE, INSERT A SCREW DRIVER IN THE WIRE END AND HOLD THE SCREW DRIVER ABOUT 1/4 AWAY FROM ANY METAL ON THE ENGINE AND HAVE SOMEBODY CRANK THE ENGINE OVER WHILE YOU CHECK FOR SPARK.  I SUSPECT NO SPARK..POSS IGN COIL OR IGN MODULE.  YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO CK THESE THINGS OUT AND GET BACK TO ME AND THEN WE CAN GO ON FROM THERE. HOPE THIS HELPS YOU AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,,TOM..

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS