Chevrolet Repair/a/c leak

Question
QUESTION: I have added Freon to a/c twice. 1st time after 30 days or so leaked out. Yester we put the dye in and more Freon, and its cooling off. We see the dye a little bit down the line where it looks like it splits off to go to back a/c I think. I'm not sure what that square looking piece is called. The dye is right below that square looking piece. I can't find a diagram to see what this is called to see what might need to be replaced. Freon holds in there about 30 days or more , so its not a large leak I think. Help!

ANSWER: HI LISA, WELL COULD YOU TAKE A PIX OF THIS [SQUARE THING] AND SEND IT TO ME THIS WAY I WOULD HAVE A VERY GOOD IDEA WHAT IT IS..IT SOUNDS TO ME IF IT IS A SECTION OF LINES AND NOT THE COMPRESSOR THIS COULD BE CALLED THE MANIFOLD SET. THIS IS WHERE TWO LINES JOIN EACH OTHER..THERE ARE SEALS INSIDE THE CONNECTION WHICH MAYBE CAUSING THE LEAK..THERE SHOULD BE A BOLT THAT HOLDS THE LINES TOGETHER..LET ME KNOW HOW YOU MAKE OUT..GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,TOM...

part pic
part pic  

part pic 2
part pic 2  
QUESTION: Here is a photo. Its leaking right below that square box. What is the box called & does it have o rings or seal s that poss need to be replaced?

Answer
HI LISA, THIS IS CALLED A UNION. [JOINS LINE TOGETHER] THIS IS NOT THE MANIFOLD SET THAT I THOUGHT IT WAS..IF YOU HAVE FREON LEAKING UNDER THIS PIECE OF ALUMINUM YOU WILL NEED TO REPLACE THIS ENTIRE LINE SET WHICH WILL HAVE THIS UNION IN IT. THESE LINES ARE PRESSED INTO THIS BLOCK THERE ARE NO SEALS TO THIS AND THERE IS NO WAY OF OPENING THIS UP..IF YOU LOOK JUST AFTER THIS BLOCK THERE IS A BOLT THAT LOOKS LIKE IT IS GOING TO THE COMPRESSOR THIS IS WHERE YOU WOULD REMOVE THE ONE SECTION OF IT AND THEN FOLLOW THE OTHER END OF THAT WHICH MAY GO TO THE CONDENSER IN FRONT OF THE RADIATOR WHERE THERE WILL BE ANOTHER BOLT CONNECTION TO REMOVE IT..YOU WILL NEED TO GET THIS LINE SET AT THE CHEVY DEALER...JUST MAKE SURE THAT THIS DYE IS COMING FROM THIS BLOCK AND NOT THE CONNECTION IN FRONT OF IT WHERE THERE WILL BE A SEAL AT THAT CONNECTION WHICH YOU CAN REPLACE.. SO YOU CAN WAIT TILL ALL OF YOUR FREON IS GONE AND THEN REMOVE THE LINE SET OR HAVE THE SYSTEM EVACUATED AT A SHOP TO MAKE THIS REPAIR. DO NOT REMOVE THE LINES WHEN THE SYSTEM  IS FULLY CHARGED.....HOPE THIS HELPS YOU AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,TOM..IF YOU NEED MORE HELP PLEASE GET BACK TO ME.....

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS