Chevrolet Repair/camaro 1980

Question
Hello my name is fidel and I just resently bought a 1980 camaro z28 5.7 350 engine and well is for a project but I wanted to start with the mechanical things first , i Wanted to know why when I press the gas and in drive the car feels like it doesn't have any strength to move it does move but not like it should can it be the carburetor? Cuz a friend told me that I need to change cuz that was the problem but I wanted an experts opinion so if u could help me out with this project I would be very thankful, well thank u for ur time and I'll be waiting on a response o and my camaro has an automatic transmission

Answer
HI FIDEL,WELL BEFORE I CAN ANSWER THIS I NEED TO KNOW IF THE ENGINE IS SMOTTH IN GEAR ORIS IT SKIPPING[RUNNING RUFF]..IF SO YOU NEED TO REPAIR THIS FIRST. MAY HAVE BAD SPARK PLUGS,WIRES OR VALVE PROBLEM..IF THIS DOES RUN SMOOTH JUST NO POWER THIS COULD BE FROM TIMING BEING OFF OR PLUGGED CONVERTOR, OR PARTIALLY PLUGGED FUEL FILTER....LET ME KNOW AND WE WILL GO ON FROM THERE. GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,TOM...

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS