Chevrolet Repair/Car makes squeaking noise when turning left.

Question
I drive a 2004 Cavalier with 105,000 miles. Recently I've noticed that my car is making a squeaking noise when turning left. I was told I need new brakes. Could this be the noise? I also feel some vibrating at highway speeds so maybe it's the tie rods. Or the CV joint or the ball bearings. No idea.

Answer
HI DAVID,OK HIGH SPEED STEERING WHEEL SHAKE 95 % OF THE TIME IS FROM FRONT TIRES THAT ARE OUT OF BALANCE OR A BAD TIRE PLY..THE NEXT CAUSE IS A LOOSE TIE ROD END..BALL JOINTS OR WHEEL BEARING WILL NOT CAUSE THIS UNLESS THE WHEEL BEARING HAS A TON OF PLAY IN IT..WHICH AS A RULE THEY DO NOT...HAVE IT CHECKED TO BE SURE...A SQUEAL NOISE TURNING LEFT OR RIGHT COULD BE FROM THE BRAKE PAD SENSOR TOUCHING THE ROTOR SURFACE TELLING YOU THAT THE BRAKE PADS ARE WEARING DOWN...THE WHEEL WILL FLEX THE ROTOR JUST ENOUGH TO HIT THE SENSOR..
TRY TO APPLY THE BRAKES LIGHTLY WHEN THE SQUEAK IS PRESENT IF THE SQUEAK STOPS LIKE THAT THE BRAKE PAD SENSOR IS CAUSING THIS..THE OTHER POSSIBLE PROBLEM IS THE TIRE PRESSURES COULD BE LOW CAUSING IT TO SQUEAL GOING AROUND A CORNER..LET ME KNOW HOW THIS GOES AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,TOM

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS