Chevrolet Repair/chevy tracker

Question
hello, I have a 01 chevy tracker 2.0 4x4 about 165000 miles manual trans.
ok here is the problem....every now and then it stalls always (except once)when im at a drive through or just idling, I went and had the fuel pump and filter replaced as I was told this was the problem...well it wasn't I was told it was the cat and the put some kind of back pressure gauge where the o2 sensor goes but it was in the green so they said well maybe its the crank/cam sensor wow im getting a headache and poor quick here any ideas...I only had the fuel pump and filter replaced so far

Answer
HI RAY, WELL A FUEL PUMP OR FILTER WOULD NOT CAUSE THIS. A CONVERTOR WILL NOT CAUSE THIS..WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE ON THIS IS GET THIS SCANNED WITH GM SOFTWARE..A GM SHOP WILL HAVE THIS OR A SHOP THAT HAS GM SOFTWARE ON THE SCANNER. THEY MORE THEN LIKELY HAVE CHECKED FOR CODES AND FOUND NONE AND JUMP TO A CONCLUSION. NOT A GOOD IDEA..I WOULD LIKE THEM TO RUN A DATA TEST AND CK ALL OF THE OUTPUT AT[ ALL ] THE SENSORS. THE LAST THING YOU SAID IS VERY POSSIBLE THE CAUSE,CAM OR CRANK SENSOR..BUT LETS NOT JUMP AT THAT JUST YET...A FAULTY MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR OR IDLE AIR CONTROLLER [IAC] CAN CAUSE THIS AS WELL...ONCE THIS IS SCANNED FOR DATA THE TECH WILL HAVE A VERY GOOD IDEA AS WHAT THE PROBLEM COULD BE. YOU HAVE TO DIAGNOSE THIS FIRST...PARTS TODAY ARE TO EXPENSIVE TO GUESS. I WISH I COULD HELP YOU OUT MORE BUT THIS IS ONE OF THESE QUESTIONS THAT I WOULD REALLY NEED TO HAVE HANDS ON..IF YOU NEED ME TO ANSWER ANY MORE THINGS IT COULD BE OR NOT BE I WILL BE HAPPY TO DO SO..GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,TOM...

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS