Chevrolet Repair/tbi fuel leak

Question
I have a '92 chevy k1500 5.7. We just replaced the intake manifold gasket. Put everything back together and discovered a fuel leak. The leak is coming from the passenger side fuel line connector. To be more specific, the line nut not the connector, on the back of the tbi. We have replaced the connector bolt and gaskets. My question is can i replace the line nut or do i need a new fuel line all together?

Answer
GOOD MORN DANI,YOU CAN BUY NEW SECTIONS OF FUEL REPAIR LINE AT PART STORES.JUST TELL THEM WHAT YOU WANT AND THEY HAVE THEM IT DIFFERENT LENGTHS. ONE SIDE OF THE LINE WILL HAVE THE FITTING ON IT AND THE OTHER END WILL BE JUST A CUT END THAT YOU CAN INSTALL ON YOUR EXISTING LINE FURTHER DOWN THE FRAME RAIL. IF YOU GO TO THE DEALER THEY WILL SELL YOU THE ENTIRE LINE FROM FRONT TO BACK. YOU CAN NOT JUST CHANGE THE LINE NUT UNLESS YOU HAVE A FLARE KIT..IF YOU CUT THIS END OF THE LINE OFF AND TRY TO FLARE IT YOU WILL NOT HAVE ENOUGH LINE TO RECONNECT IT. HAVE YOU TRIED USING TEFLON TAPE ? I HAVE A HARD TIME UNDERSTANDING THE LINE NUT IS FAULTY UNLESS THE THREADS ARE DAMAGED. ARE YOU SURE THE LINE FLARE IS NOT DAMAGED ?? ALSO I THINK THIS LINE HAS A SEAL AROUND IT. COULD YOU OF DROPPPED THE SEAL THAT GOES ON THE END OF THE LINE..IF THIS LINE IS A SINGLE FLARE WITH A SMALL GROOVE ON THE OUTER SIDE OF THE LINE THERE SHOULD BE A RUBBER SEAL AROUND IT..IF THIS LINE HAS A DOUBLE FLARE THEN THERE IS NO SEAL...LET ME KNOW HOW YOU MAKE OUT..GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,TOM

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS