Chevrolet Repair/09 chevy dura max

Question
How hard is it to change the power steering pump lines and gear box on an 09 chevy duramax

Answer
HI ALLEN,,WELL I CAN NOT HONESTLY ANSWER THIS. IF IT WERE GAS FED I COULD..BUT I WILL GIVE YOU SOME IDEAS IF YOU WANT..I WOULD CK TO SEE IF YOU CAN GET AT THE PUMP HOLD DOWN BOLTS AT THE BRACKET..IF YOU CAN ON THE HOLD DOWN BOLTS WITHOUT REMOVING THE PULLEY FIRST THEN THE JOB SHOULD NOT BE THAT HARD. IF YOU CAN NOT GET ON THE HOLD DOWN BOLTS BECAUSE THEY GO IN FROM THE FRONT SIDE OF THE PUMP THEN YOU WILL NEED TO GET OR RENT A POWER STEERING PUMP PULLEY PULLER..ONCE THE PULLEY IS OFF,REMOVE THE BOLTS AND THE PUMP WILL COME OFF. THEN REMOVE THE LINES TO THE RACK OR IF THIS HAS A STEERING GEAR BOX..THIS PART SHOULD BE STRAIGHT FORWARD. ONCE YOU MOUNT THE NEW PUMP BACK TO THE BRACKETS JUST USE A 3/8 NC BOLT 3" LONG WITH A THICK WASHER AND NUT TO INSTALL YOUR OLD PULLEY ON THE NEW PUMP. DO NOT HIT THE PULLEY WITH A HAMMER IT WILL BREAK IT OR HARM THE NEW PUMP.. THERE WILL BE A BOLT AND WASHER IN THE BOX THAT THE PUMP CAME IN TO INSTALL YOUR PULLEY..HOPE THIS HELPS YOU SOME..GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,,TOM

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS