Chevrolet Repair/2009 chevy Aveo no crank

Question
QUESTION: My 2009 chevy Aveo has a no crank condition after an engine swap.  My timing belt broke so I purchased a low milage 2011 1.6l ecotech engine to replace my 2009.  at the time of the belt breaking the vehicle ran and even cranked after.  I pulled out the old trans and engine and installed the low milage engine but when I went to start it there were dash lights and all but no crank as the key was turned over.  I put functioning trans gear selector/neutral safety switch from my old trans still no crank over.  acquired scanner tool for OBDII and got a P0606 code ECM/PCM program.  I did some research online and it said on fly by wire that code may be caused by lack of communication with TPS giving open loop, so I changed out the throttle body and TPS from my original engine and still no cranking.  I rechecked my plugs and all seemed to be enstalled and engaged ( only removed the plugs from the engine and sensors and groung lug on head).  The battery was off for a couple of weeks during the engine swap so I can not see why the PCM could go bad.  Someone told me the TPS may need to be re-sinked, is this valid?

ANSWER: HI DANNY,YES YOU WILL MORE THEN LIKELY NEED TO GET THIS COMPUTER REFLAHED..[RELEARN] BUT WITH THAT BEING SAID THE ENG SHOULD CRANK OVER..HAVE YOU CHECKED FOR POWER DOWN ON THE STARTER SOLENOID SMALL WIRE WHILE CRANKING ?? IF SO AND LARGE CABLE TO STARTER HAS BATT VOLT,SOUNDS LIKE THE STARTER IS BAD..HIGHLY UNLIKELY..BUT CK THIS SMALL WIRE WHEN CRANKING AND LET ME KNOW IF POWER IS THERE...I BET THE NEUTRAL SAFTY SWITCH IS NOT SET UP CORRECT..ADJUSTED.RECHECK ALL YOUR WIRING CONNECTIONS..MAYBE YOU OVER LOOKED SOMETHING !!! I DO NOT THINK THIS IS A PCM FAULT..DOES THIS CAR HAVE A ANIT-THEFT SYSTEM ON IT ?? IF SO,IS IT ACTIVATED ??? LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU FIND..GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,TOM....

QUESTION: All you stated above has been done at least twice except for re-flashing.  After car would not crank I put my original working starter in and went under the car and jumped the starter power wire to the solenoid and allowed it to crank over for several minutes and still did not start, I then put it on the scan tool and got the P0606 code.  So how do I re-sink/flash the ECM to accept the TPS after it has been diconnected from the ECM?  could there be a hidden fuse for the ECM or TPS somewhere I could have missed?

Answer
HI DANNY, OK IF YOU ARE SURE ALL THE WIRING IS OK ON THIS AND THE NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH IS SET CORRECT. THERE ARE NO HIDDEN FUSES FOR THIS..YOU WILL NEED TO RE-FLASH... YOU WILL NEED A SCAN TOOL THAT IS [CAPABLE OF DOWN LOADING GM SOFTWARE] FROM THERE SECURE SITE AND THEN UP LOADING THE NEW SOFTWARE INTO YOUR CAR..CAN YOUR SCAN TOOL DO THIS ???
DEALERS OR MOST SHOPS THAT ARE ON THERE SITE WILL HAVE THIS..YOU WILL NOT BE-ABLE TO GET THIS SOFTWARE UNLESS YOU ARE A PAID GM SITE..[SHOP OR DEALER.]SOME PART STORES MAY HAVE THIS OPTION AS WELL..THIS IS IF THEY SELL NEW PCM'S... THIS CODE  [PO606 CONTROL MODULE NOT PROGRAMMED..] SOME HOW IT LOTS MEMORY WHEN YOU REPLACED THE ENGINE..PERHAPS A SPIKE OF SOME SORT WOULD BE MY GUESS..I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU SOME AND GOOD LUCK,,TOM

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS