Chevrolet Repair/car problems

Question
We have a 2000 Chevy impala that was running fine all day. Came home shut it off for a little while went back out to go somewhere again and nothing happened. won't turn over gauges don't move just nothing. Checked battery seems fine. Tried jumping it nothing happens. Any ideas?

Answer
HI FAITH,,WELL THIS COULD HAVE A FEW PROBLEMS..A FAULTY STARTER,FAULTY NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH, BAD CONNECTIONS AT THE BATTERY OR STARTER..HOW ARE YOU CHECKING THE BATTERY ??? DO YOU HAVE A VOLT METER TO CK FOR VOLTAGE AT THE BATTERY ???  JUST BECAUSE YOU TRIED TO JUMP THIS BATTERY, DOES NOT MEAN THAT THE CONNECTIONS ARE CLEAN OR THE BATTERY IS OK.. I WOULD TRY TO JUMP THIS AGAIN AND MAKE SURE THE CONNECTIONS ON YOUR CAR AND THE CAR THAT YOU ARE JUMPING ARE GOOD AND CLEAN AND SECURE CONNECTIONS...WHAT WE DO BECAUSE THESE BATTERIES HAVE SIDE POST IS WE HOOK THE CABLES UP AND HAVE SOMEBODY GET IN THE DEAD CAR AND TRY TO CRANK IT OVER WHILE ANOTHER PERSON WIGGLES THE JUMPER CABLES AROUND TO MAKE SURE THERE IS A GOOD CONNECTION. JUST HOLD THE KEY TO CRANK...I CAN NOT TELL YOU HOW MANY CARS WE GET TOWED INTO OUR SHOP BECAUSE OF BAD CONNECTIONS WHILE JUMPING THE CAR..CK TO MAKE SURE THE HEADLIGHTS ARE BRIGHT AS WELL. IF NOT, BATTERY IS WEAK OR BAD CONNECTIONS. IF THE HEADLIGHTS ARE BRIGHT AND CAR WILL NOT CRANK OVER THE NEXT MOVE IS TO CK FOR POWER AT THE STARTER SOLENOID..THIS WILL BE THE SMALL PURPLE WIRE..WHILE YOU HAVE SOMEONE CRANK THE CAR CK FOR POWER OR 12 VOLTS TO THIS WIRE,IF THERE IS POWER TO THIS WIRE THEN THE STARTER IS FAULTY..IF NO POWER TO THIS SMALL WIRE TRY TO PUT THE CAR IN NEUTRAL AND SEE IF IT STARTS LIKE THIS ,,IF SO THE SWITCH IS BAD..LET ME BACK UP A LITTLE,,ALSO MAKE SURE THERE IS 12 VOLTS OF POWER ON THE BIG CABLE GOING TO THE STARTER AS WELL...THIS SUPPLIES BATTERY VOLTAGE TO THE STARTER MOTOR..THE SMALL PURPLE WIRE ENGAGES THE SOLENOID TO CRANK THE STARTER. HOPE THIS HELPS SOME AND IF YOU NEED MORE INFO LET ME KNOW,, GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,TOM...

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS