Chevrolet Repair/clock stays on

Question
I have a 1996 Chevy Tahoe. 60K miles with a 5.7 liter engine. Yesterday my battery was dead. I jumped it and took it to the auto parts store where a load test was done on the battery/charging system. The battery was bad and I installed a new one. The truck works fine but now the clock stays lit all the time and the radio has power to it constantly. you can play the radio with the key out of the ignition. This never happened before the battery was changed. I took the negative battery cable off overnight. The clock was off when reconnected. I went out to leave for work and the clock was on. drove to work and it was went off with the key. could this be a ground problem?

Answer
HI JOEL,,WELL THIS TO ME SOUNDS LIKE A FAULTY BCM [BODY CONTROL MODULE] THIS CONTROLS ALL OF THE ELECTRONIC FUNCTIONS IN THE CAB OF YOUR TRUCK..WHAT COULD OF HAPPENED IS WHEN YOU JUMPED IT THIS COULD OF CAUSED A SPIKE IN THE SYSTEM,TAKING OUT A SECTION OF THE BCM...THIS MAY NEED TO BE FLASHED AT YOUR DEALER OR YOUR LOCAL SHOP IF THEY CAN FLASH WITH GM SOFTWARE..FLASHING JUST RELEARNS THE COMPUTER TO THINK STRAIGHT...IF FLASHING WILL NOT CORRECT THIS A NEW BCM MAYBE NEEDED...ONE LAST THING I THOUGHT OFF. THIS MAY ALSO HAVE A BAD DOOR SWITCH IN THE LATCH..THIS IS WHAT TELLS THE BCM THAT THE DOOR IS OPENED OR CLOSED..THIS COULD BE SHORTED OUT..BUT WITH THAT BEING SAID SINCE YOU NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM IN THE PAST I BET THE BCM IS AT FAULT..GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND IF YOU NEED MORE INFO LET ME KNOW..YOUR NY FRIEND...TOM...

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS