Chevrolet Repair/Fan

Question
Hi I have again another problem I am so tired of this car. You probably don't get this many questions from one person in one week lol. I appreciate everything advice that you give me. On the 1992 Cadillac Deville I had a problem Friday the left tire locked up I got home the car was smoking from the left front fender. I took the car apart the caliper went bad and it burnt the brakes up so I fixed that today. Now I have a new problem. Their are no codes nothing. The car has decided that the fan wants to run all the time. I pull the key out no power and the fan still runs. I tested for power to the fan to the fuses they all have 12 volts. The only thing I can come up with is the electronic climate control unit has went bad. For it to run all the time. I pulled the fuse under the hood for the fan it turns it off and their is 12 volts their. I put it back in it turns on again. I pull the sensor off the fan under the hood it turns it off it has 12 volts their at the sensor. I put the sensor back in and it turns it back on. Their is continuous power to the fan for some reason. Any suggestions or reason why this is doing this. Also the caliper I replaced today that had burnt up I replaced it 6 months ago. The bleeder screw broke in the old on so I just went on and bought a new one from autozone. it was remanufactured limited lifetime warranty which was good. I took it off today it was rusted badly and also it was like the brake melted to the piston. I had to beat it off the rotor by hand. When I took it off it stunk bad it smelt burnt and so did the pad. So I replaced the caliper and the pad. The car needs an alignment badly could this have caused the caliper and pad to burn up like that. When I pulled the right side brake pades they smelt like they started burning to. I just replaced the tie rods and boots but haven't had time to get it aligned. It is a fwd car. Thanks.

Answer
HI SEAN, CARS ARE GREAT,,JUST KIDDING..AS FAR AS YOUR ALIGNMENT CAUSING THE BRAKES TO LOCK UP, NO THAT WILL NOT CAUSE THAT TO HAPPEN..BUT IF THIS BRAKE CALIPER KEEPS LOCKING UP YOU MAY HAVE A COLLAPSED BRAKE HOSE TO THIS CALIPER. THIS WILL NOT ALLOW THE FLUID TO GO BACK UP INTO THE BRAKE SYSTEM AFTER YOU RELEASE THE PEDAL..IT JUST HOLDS THE FLUID.TO CK THIS REMOVE THE HOSE FROM THE BRAKE CALIPER THE FLUID SHOUYLD DRIP OUT OF THIS HOSE,,DRIP DRIP DRIP.IF NOT THE HOSE IS BAD...CK THIS..IF THE CALIPER IS NEW AND THIS HAPPENS,MORE THAN LIKELY THIS IS YOUR PROBLEM..AS FAR AS YOUR FAN MOTOR STAYING ON,REMOVE THE RELAY IN YOUR FUSE BOX AND SEE IF THE FAN GOES OFF.IF SO SWITCH THIS RELAY WITH ANOTHER RELAY IN THE FUSE BOX AND SEE IF THIS TAKES CARE OF IT. SOMETIMES THESES RELAYS STICK.. THIS IS THE COOLING FAN THAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT AND NOT THE BLOWER MOTOR IN THE CAR CORRECT ??? THIS COOLING FAN MOTOR IS CONTROLLED BY THE PCM [COMPUTER] FROM THE COOLING SENSOR. SO THE SENSOR WILL HAVE 12 VOLTS TO IT ALL THE TIME, BUT THE PCM GROUNDS IT TURNING IT ON..SO THE PCM MAY HAVE THE PROBLEM IF THE RELAY IS NOT JUST STICKING..KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED..IF THIS IS THE PROBLEM YOU MAY WANT TO INSTALL A TOGGLE SWITCH TO CONTROL THE COOLING FAN OPERATION. BUT YOU WILL NEED TO REMMEMBER TO TURN THE FAN OFF AND ON WITH THE SWITCH..I KNOW BIG PAIN..BUT PEOPLE DO IT..REMEMEBER,,THIS FAN WILL ONLY COME ON IN TRAFFIC OR SPEEDS UNDER 3O MPH OR SITTING AT IDLE..ONCE YOU ARE OVER 30 MPH THE FAN TURNS OFF. IF THE A/C WORKS IN YOUR CAR THE FAN WILL RUN ALL THE TIME THE A/C IS ON TO COOL THE CONDENSOR.. THIS SWITCH WILL BE CHEAPER THEN A PCM...LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU FIND AND WE WILL GO FROM THERE,,GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,TOM...  

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS