Chevrolet Repair/Freeze plug on drivers side of engine on a 96 s10 4x4

Question
Tom here is another fix I'm trying to do on my s10  4x4 on the drivers side of the block close to the backi have a freeze plug with a small hole in it all my coolant leaks out there what is the easiest way to change it out should I pull the engine or take out the front differential or remove the exhaust manifold to acces it or is there another way to change it can you help me out please thank you Tracy bearden6

Answer
HI TRACY,,WELL,, CAN YOU GET AT THIS SOFT PLUG ??? IF YOU CAN GET AT IT TAKE A BAR OR PIPE AND PUSH IT INTO THE BLOCK SIDEWAYS AND THEN GRAB IT WITH A VISE GRIPS AND REMOVE IT..BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU CAN NOT GET ON THIS TO EASILY..SO IF YOU CAN NOT GET ON THIS YOU WILL NEED TO REMOVE THE EASIEST PROBLEM AREA IN YOUR WAY..IF THE EXH MANIFOLD IS THE EASIEST THING TO REMOVE THEN YES REMOVE THIS..I AM NOT THERE SO I DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS IN YOUR WAY..BUT I DO KNOW THAT THEY CAN BE A BIG PAIN..THE OTHER PROBLEM IS IF THIS ONE SOFT PLUG IS RUSTED AWAY,THERE ARE PROBABLY OTHERS LURKING..SO IF YOU PLAN I KEEPING THIS TRUCK,MAYBE YOU WANT TO REMOVE THE ENGINE AND REPLACE ALL OF THE SOFT PLUGS..I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU A LITTLE ,AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,TOM

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS