Chevrolet Repair/Heater problems

Question
QUESTION: I have a 94' Chevy C1500 4.3l V6 with a problem regarding the heat. It blows out warm air instead of hot. I replaced the thermostat, heater core, blower motor, blend door actuator, and radiator cap. I have also flushed the whole system and replaced with new coolant. The truck is filled up to spec with coolant, with no sign of leakage anywhere. The heater hoses both get hot and so does the upper radiator hose. It also has pressure like it should. Still nothing. Any suggestions?

ANSWER: HI JON,,WOW THIS IS A GOOD ONE..YOU SAY BOTH HEATER HOSES ARE HOT..SO WE KNOW THAT THERE IS GOOD CIRCULATION IN THE HEATER CORE..SO IF BOTH HOSES ARE HOT, THEN ONLY THING LEFT IS THE DOOR FOR THE HEAER CORE IS NOT OPENING ENOUGH TO ALLOW THE HOT AIR TO ENTER THE CABIN.. HAVE YOU TRIED TO GET ON THAT LEVER THAT MOVES THE COLD / HOT PORTION  OF THE DOOR ?? IF NOT TRY TO GET ON IT AND MANUALLY MOVE THIS DOOR TO SEE IF YOU CAN OPEN IT MORE,OR IT IS POSSIBLE THAT IT IS STUCK ON SOMETHING OR MAYBE THE CABLE IS OUT OF ADJUSTMENT DEPENDING ON WHAT OPTION THIS TRUCK HAS..IT MAY BE CONTROLLED BY A ELECTRIC SOLENOID..I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,TOM...

QUESTION: I have indeed moved that door manually to its maximum. Nothing new happens. I was able to get the actuator off and use a screwdriver to turn it.

ANSWER: HI JON,, OK, MAYBE YOU THINK THOES HEATER HOSES ARE HOT BUT THERE REALLY NOT HOT. CAN YOU HOLD ON TO THEM FOR LIKE SAY A FEW MINUTES AFTER THE ENGINE HAS BEEN RUNNING FOR LIKE 30 MINUTES OR SO ?? IF YOU CAN THEN THE COOLANT IS NOT HOT ENOUGH. WHAT DEGREE STAT DID YOU PUT IN THIS ??  190 I HOPE. IF LOWER THEN THIS THEN REMOVE THAT STAT AND PUT  A 190 IN..NOW THIS IS GOING TO SOUND STRANGE,BUT I HAD ANOTHER QUESTIONER HAVE THE SAME KIND OF PROBLEM AND I TOLD HIM TO FLUSH THE HEATER HOSE CONNECTIONS AT THE BLOCK AREA REAL GOOD BACK FLUSH AS WELL. HE GOT BACK TO ME AND SAID THAT WAS THE PROBLEM..THE HEATER HOSE CONNECTIONS AT THE BLOCK WERE PARTIALLY BLOCKED OFF..HE COULD NOT SEE IT BUT AFTER HE FLUSHED THIS AREA,HE HAD ALL KINDS OF HEAT..LET ME KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WITH THIS..GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,TOM.

QUESTION: Funny thing is, I am the same guy that talked to you about a month ago and I couldn't reply again for some reason. Both hoses are too hot to touch for too long. And it's a 195 stat.

Answer
HI JON AGAIN,,I AM SORRY YOU COULD NOT GET BACK TO ME ON THIS..WELL IF THIS IS THE CASE THEN WE KNOW FOR SURE THE HEAT IS GETTING TO THE CORE..SO THE [ONLY] THING LEFT IS SOMEWHERE IN YOUR DUCT WORK SOMETHING IS EITHER BLOCKING THE FLOW OR NOT OPENING AS IT SHOULD..DUMB QUESTION, THE HEATER FAN IS NOT RUNNING IN REVERSE MODE IS IT ?? DO YOU GET A GOOD FLOW OF AIR FROM THE VENTS..IF SO THEN THIS IS NOT YOUR PROBLEM EITHER..YOU MAY NEED TO DROP DOWN THIS HEATER ASSEMBLY AGAIN AND LOOK THINGS OVER REAL CAREFUL..I CAN NOT THINK OF ANYTHING THAT WOULD CAUSE THIS OTHER THEN THE DUCT WORKS IS BLOCKED SOMEWHERE...LET ME KNOW HOW THIS WORKS OUT FOR YOU. I WISH I COULD OF BEEN OF MORE HELP..BUT THIS IS ONE OF THESE PROBLEMS THAT I WOULD NEED HANDS ON TIME... GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,TOM..

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS