Chevrolet Repair/Heating suddenly gone

Question
Its been a pretty cold winter in Ohio this year, the coldest one in 20 years with temperatures at 20-30 below zero. I've been home for winter break from college and I hadnt been driving my car much because it needed some repairs done on the windshield wiper transmission otherwise I could not see in the snow. My heating was perfect when it worked and the few times that I drove the car since leaving school, it was working fine. Its been about a week that I hadnt driven my car since the weather got bad and the temperatures went down and now my heat isnt working. I'm thinking that something froze that would affect the heating (maybe the anti-freeze/water mix or something else).

What are the possible things that may have gone wrong due to the weather or any other thing that may have caused my heating to suddenly stop working correctly? Also, how might I fix this issue? I have a Chevy Cavalier 2003 and it is otherwise in very good condition. Thanks!

Answer
HI FATRINA, BEING THAT THIS LOST HEAT VERY FAST LIKE..THE FIRST THING I WOULD CK IS REMOVE THE RADIATOR CAP AND CK THE COOLANT [ANTI-FREEZE]. MAKE SURE YOU CAN SEE IT IN THE RAD AND MAKE SURE IT IS NOT FROZEN..IF IT IS FROZEN..TOW IT TO A SHOP TO THAW IT OUT.DO N OT START IT LIKE THIS...THEN FLUSH THE COOLING SYSTEM WITH FRESH ANTI-FREEZE..IF YOU CAN SEE THE COOLANT IN THE RADIATOR AND IT IS NOT FROZEN..MAKE SURE IT IS FULL..IF IT IS NOT FULL TOP IT OFF AND THEN START IT UP AND WHEN THE ENGINE GETS WARMED MAKE SURE THE COOLANT LEVEL IS STILL FULL..ADD TO IT WHILE IT IS RUNNING IF NECESSARY...MAKE SURE YOU CK THE RADIATOR ITSELF AND NOT THE RESERVOIR..AFTER THE RADIATOR IS TOPPED OFF MAKE SURE THE RESERVOIR IS ALSO AT THE FULL MARK..LET ME KNOW HOW THIS GOES AND IF WE NEED TO GO FURTHER WE WILL..ONE LAST THING,IF THE COOLANT WAS LOW,TOP IT OFF AND GET THIS TO A SHOP AND HAVE THEM PRESSURE TEST THE COOLING SYSTEM FOR A POSSIBLE LEAK. LOW COOLANT WILL CAUSE LOW TO NO HEAT...USUALLY IF THE COOLANT IS LOW THERE IS A LEAK..GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,TOM...

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS