Chevrolet Repair/Radiator

Question
Hi I have a 1992 Cadillac Deville.   I have put in 3 radiators and all 3 have gone bad on this car. They last 200 miles and that's it. I bought 2 off eBay the one busted and the transmission cooler broke and leaked in my transmission the other just leaked out the seams. I had 4 of them that leaked out of the seams. After the one that the transmission cooler broke I went to autozone and bought a oem one. This one lasted 200 miles and is now leaking and my radiator fluid is milky brown and it is thick. How can these keep going bad could their be an underlying problem that I am missing. Thanks.

Answer
HI  SEAN, HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU.. WELL I DO NOT THINK THE RADIATORS ARE THE PROBLEM.. THEY WERE MORE THEN LIKELY OK AND GOOD QUALITY WHEN YOU INSTALLED THEM..I KNOW CADDY HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE TRANSMISSION COOLERS IN THE RADIATORS. THEY WOULD BLOW AND CONTAMINATE THE COOLANT.VERY MESSY..BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU TOOK CARE OF THIS PROBLEM..BECAUSE YOU SAY THE RADIATORS ARE NOW BLOWING AT THE SEAMS. I DO NOT THINK YOU ARE GOING TO LIKE MY ANSWER,BUT I THINK YOUR ENG HAS BLOWN HEAD-GASKETS OR CRACKED HEADS.. YOU SEE IF THE HEADS ARE CRACKED OR GASKETS ARE BAD THE COMPRESSION FROM THE PISTONS OF THE ENGINE BUILDS UP INSIDE THE COOLING SYSTEM AND THEN THE RADIATOR AND BLOWS IT..THE RADIATOR IS ONLY GOOD FOR 15 TO 17 LBS OF PRESSURE. IF WHAT I THINK THE PROBLEM IS THE PRESSURE IS BUILDING UP WAY MORE THEN IT CAN HANDLE....TO BUY YOU SOME TIME DO NOT PUT THE RADIATOR CAP ON  [[TIGHT 2 CLICKS,]] ONLY 1 CLICK. THIS WILL KEEP THE PRESSURES DOWN SO THE PRESSURE CAN NOT BUILD UP IN THE SYSTEM SO HIGH....I WOULD GET THE SYSTEM PRESSURE TESTED AND CK FOR INTERNALS LEAKS AS SOON AS  POSSIBLE.. INTERNAL BEARINGS DO NOT LIKE COOLANT, IT WILL DESTROY THEM.......SORRY FOR THE BAD NEWS..GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,TOM...

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS