Chevrolet Repair/Van 1993g20

Question
I have 1993 chevy g20 van reverse lights and high beams do not work .

Answer
HI LINDA, WELL YOUR REVERSE LIGHTS TURN ON FROM THE NEUTRAL SAFTY SWITCH. THIS WILL HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE HIGH BEAMS.HAVE YOU CHECKED ALL OF THE FUSES INSIDE THE VAN ? IF NOT CK THEM FIRST..BUT BEFORE WE SAY THE NEUTRAL SAFTY SWITCH IS BAD. THIS IS A AUTOMATIC CORRECT ? IF MANUAL THE REVERSE LIGHT SWITCH IS ON THE SIDE OF THE TRANSMISSION..BUT,, REMOVE THE LIGHT BULBS TO THE REVERSE LIGHTS. YOU WILL NEED TO GET A TEST LIGHT AND CK FOR 12 VOLTS AT THE REVERSE LIGHT WIRES GOING TO THE LIGHT SOCKET WHEN THE KEY IS ON AND TRANSMISSION IS IN REVERSE. IF THE TEST LIGHT LIGHTS,,THE LIGHT BULB SOCKET IS BAD OR THE BULB...IF NO POWER TO THE SOCKET START CHECKING THE WIRING UP TO THE NUETRAL SAFTY SWITCH IF AUTOMATIC OR REVERSE LIGHT SWITH IF IT IS A MANUAL..THERE MAYBE A BREAK IN THE WIRING OR PLUG CONNECTOR WHICH IS VERY COMMON...AS FOR NO HIGH BEAMS,REMOVE ONE HEADLIGHT,TURN THE HIGH BEAMS ON AND CK FOR POWER AND GROUND TO THE PLUG FOR HIGH BEAM LIGHT..IF THERE IS POWER AND GROUND THERE THE LIGHT BULB IS BAD. IF NO POWER AT THE PLUG THIS COULD HAVE A BAD HIGH BEAM SWITCH OR FAULTY WIRING FROM THE SWITCH TO THE HEADLIGHT HARNESS PLUG..AGAIN THIS WIRING HARNESS WILL NEED TO BE CHECKED LIKE YOUR REVERSE LIGHT HARNESS. IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE THIS IN THE PAST YOU MAY NEED TO TAKE THIS TO YOUR LOCAL SHOP AND HAVE THEM DIAGNOSE THIS..BUT CK THE BULBS AS I SAID ABOVE..IT IS POSSIBLE THEY ARE JUST BURNED OUT...HOPE THIS HELPS YOU SOME,,GOOD LUCK,,TOM  

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS