Chevrolet Repair/Engine won't shut off

The engine on my 2006 Trailblazer won't shut off when you turn the key. You can take the key all of the way out and the engine will keep running.

Sounds like the mechanism that activates the switch is broken. The ignition lock cylinder housing has two nylon gears and they are a weak point. It may also be the ignition switch. With a puller and torx sockets this can be conquered. I would suggest making sure that is what it is  first then studying up on the job at hand. You don't want to blow up an airbag.

Chevrolet Repair

Daniel Ostrowski

Any questions pertaining to Alignment, brakes, emissions systems, major engine repair foreign and domestic, performance and the not so common questions such as the chemistry related to emissions, What scavenging is, piston offset, purpose of harmonic balancer etc.

troubleshooting mechanicle failures. Differential repair, electrical systems, disc and drum brakes {all}.Major repair all aspects of a vehicle except paint and upholstery.

Protech 4 way [thrust angle alignment]certificate.bear smog license program certificate. Protech brake certificate.