Chevrolet Repair/Engine won't shut off

Question
The engine on my 2006 Trailblazer won't shut off when you turn the key. You can take the key all of the way out and the engine will keep running.

Answer
Sounds like the mechanism that activates the switch is broken. The ignition lock cylinder housing has two nylon gears and they are a weak point. It may also be the ignition switch. With a puller and torx sockets this can be conquered. I would suggest making sure that is what it is  first then studying up on the job at hand. You don't want to blow up an airbag.

Chevrolet Repair

Daniel Ostrowski