Chevrolet Repair/Care Maintenance

Question
Hello there! Good day to you. I have a 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt and it has 115 miles on it, I was confused about what kind of oil i should be using for my oil change at this point. Should I use the synthetic oil or should i continue to use the 5W-30 ? I am looking forward to your advise. Thank you

Answer
Hi Alex,
There is pros about using synthetic oil. You can go 6,000 to 7,000 miles between oil changes. There is a polymer that sticks to your piston walls. However it costs more and if you take it to a shop to have the oil changed, what's to say they are using synthetic. I believe synthetic oil works best if used from the start. Either way as long as you have you vehicle serviced regularly you should have plenty more miles to go. Hope I answered your question. Thank you. Jeff

Chevrolet Repair

Jeff Brinkley