Chevrolet Repair/Clutch going out?

Question
I have a 1995 Saturn SL4.   Lately, with anything more than light pressure on the gas pedal, the RPM needle will surge but the car won't accelerate.  This can happen in any gear but it's most common in 4th and 5th.   Sometimes when it happens, the shift prompt light on the dash will come on (even in 5th gear).

Does this sound like a failing clutch, or some other problem?

Thanks.

Answer
Hi Brian,
When you say the car won't accelerate, do you mean the engine revs but the vehicle just don't go faster? How many miles are on the vehicle and has it ever had a clutch assy installed? Let me know! Also please check your fluid in the clutch master cylinder reservoir.
Let me know and thanks for the question.
Jeff

Chevrolet Repair

Jeff Brinkley