Childbirth/What is my conception date?

I will give u the quick story and facts. I got my petiod July 22nd, ,2012.August 3rd went emergency room for stomach pain and the fact that i was still on. I was given a pregnancy test that was positive.Doctor said i may be having a miscarriage. August 6th i given bloid test that showed i was indeed pregnant. But on September 23rd, 2012 a ultrsound said i was 5wks 1day. And on October 26st the ultrasound said i was 10wks 1day.To me nothing adds uo. My doctor believes i had a miscarriage around the beginning of August then ovulated around August 29-30th making my due date May 23rd, 2013.The things is that i don't remember getting my period in August.Please help me understand. Did have a miscarriage? Then come right back on around August16th ans conceive around August 29th.Is it even poasible to ovulate right after a miscarriage?

It sounds like your doctor is correct.  From the information you provided, it does seem that you miscarried at the end of July/early August and then conceived at the end of August.  Yes, you can ovulate right after a miscarriage and because of the hormonal changes from a miscarriage, you might not have had another period before you ovulated and conceived. Everything seems to point to a miscarriage at the July 22nd period and conception again around August 29th.

Catherine Beier MS CBE

I can provide evidence-based information and current research findings concerning childbirth and pregnancy. My specializations include natural childbirth, pregnancy and birth interventions, fetal positioning, labor induction, choosing a care provider, midwives, homebirth, unassisted birth, natural pain relief, medications in pregnancy and birth, informed consent, understanding the risks and benefits of childbirth choices, doulas, waterbirth, childbirth methods, childbirth education classes, cesarean section, and VBAC.

I have been a childbirth educator, mother, author, public speaker, researcher, and birth advocate for the past 9 years. I am also the author of, a site dedicated to natural childbirth and pregnancy information. I publish evidence-based articles on pregnancy, childbirth, newborn care, and post-partum care. I'm also a mother of three children, two daughters and one son all born naturally.

My book, Birth Outside the Box, was published in 2007.

I hold a Master's degree in communication disorders with an emphasis in child development. I am also an independent childbirth educator.