Childbirth/Please help me! I need to know conception date from ultrasound results!

Question
QUESTION: Hello. I am currently pregnant, and I really need help, because I am in this horrible situation. I know it's my fault, but it would be wonderful if you could please take some time to help me :(

I had sexual intercourse with 2 different men:
-Man #1: 12/19/2012
-Man #2: 12/29/2012 or 12/30 (don't remember which day)

I had three early ultrasounds
-#1 on 2/8/2013: Gave me gest. age of 7w6d, with due date 9/21/13
-#2 on 2/14/2013: Gave me gest. age of 8w 6d, with CRL of 23mm
-#3 on 2/14/2013 (at another clinic): Gave me gest. age of 9w 2d

My LMP, which is not every regular, was 12/14/2012 or 12/15/2012.

Please help me determine which of those men is my baby's father!

Thank you so much for your time.

-Nancy

ANSWER: Man #2 is the father.  It lines up perfectly as your likely conception date was 12/29 based on your measurements and ultrasound results.

QUESTION: Hi Catherine, first of all, thank you very much for your answer :)

I just had another question. At my 20-week ultrasound (anatomy scan), I found out that I am having a boy. I have seen a lot of stuff on the internet saying that Y sperms have a shorter lifespan than X sperms. So if you're having a boy, intercourse happened close to ovulation?

I don't know how much of that is true, but what is your opinion on this?

Thank you!

Answer
There is an entire gender selection method devoted to the theory that male sperm are faster but less hardy and female sperm are bigger, slower but live longer so that if you want a boy, you should have intercourse on the day of ovulation and if you want a girl, you should have intercourse on the two days prior to ovulation.

It is called the Shettles Method and does have some validity but has not been definitively supported.

Childbirth

Catherine Beier MS CBE