Chimney & Fireplaces/condo wood-burning fireplace replacement

preway firebox
preway firebox  
The glass door and frame around my Preway model N585868 wood-burning fireplace was removed nullifying its UL fire rating. Do you know of any companies that sell UL-rated wood-burning fireplaces which could be used to replace this Preway model in my second-floor condo.The venting for this fireplace would probably have to be replaced (approximately 24 feet - 8 feet for my unit and 16 additional feet through the two-story condo above me). I live in Reston, Virginia.

Hello Jim, 1st DO NOT USE THIS UNIT, 2nd, I would have a local Certified Chimney Sweep, (there you can look up by zip code to find one near you) take a first hand look at what you have, they should be able to help in replacing that unit. keep in mind every thing from the cap down will have to be replaced. If you have any more questions feel free to contact me again.

Chimney & Fireplaces

James Ball

I am a chimney sweep with over 22 years of experience, CSIA certified and member of the NCSG, I can answer questions about smoky fire places, wood stoves, and heating units (boiler and furnace chimneys) do you need a relining? A cap? And much more

over 22 years

Chimney Safety Institute of America, National Chimney Sweep Guild

CSIA (Chimney Safety Institute of America) certified