Chimney & Fireplaces/condo wood-burning fireplace replacement

Question
preway firebox
preway firebox  
The glass door and frame around my Preway model N585868 wood-burning fireplace was removed nullifying its UL fire rating. Do you know of any companies that sell UL-rated wood-burning fireplaces which could be used to replace this Preway model in my second-floor condo.The venting for this fireplace would probably have to be replaced (approximately 24 feet - 8 feet for my unit and 16 additional feet through the two-story condo above me). I live in Reston, Virginia.

Thanks,
Jim

Answer
Hello Jim, 1st DO NOT USE THIS UNIT, 2nd, I would have a local Certified Chimney Sweep www.csia.org, (there you can look up by zip code to find one near you) take a first hand look at what you have, they should be able to help in replacing that unit. keep in mind every thing from the cap down will have to be replaced. If you have any more questions feel free to contact me again.
James

Chimney & Fireplaces

James Ball