Chimney & Fireplaces/Wood Burning Stove Clearances

Question
 I have a Martin Industries CWH 30A wood buring stove. I would like to install a cypress mantel behind the flue of the stove. Right now the distance from the flue to the brick wall is 10.5". What are the required clearances for this stove? I don't want to cause a fire hazard. Also, I do not own a users manual for this stove.

Answer
Hello Stephanie, I could not find a manual either, you say "flue" if you are referring to the "smoke Pipe" then the clearance is 18" to combustibles, shields would only reduce that maybe to 9", check with your local building department and they will let you know what you  need in your area.
James

Chimney & Fireplaces

James Ball