Chimney & Fireplaces/Wood Burning Stove Clearances

I have a Martin Industries CWH 30A wood buring stove. I would like to install a cypress mantel behind the flue of the stove. Right now the distance from the flue to the brick wall is 10.5". What are the required clearances for this stove? I don't want to cause a fire hazard. Also, I do not own a users manual for this stove.

Hello Stephanie, I could not find a manual either, you say "flue" if you are referring to the "smoke Pipe" then the clearance is 18" to combustibles, shields would only reduce that maybe to 9", check with your local building department and they will let you know what you  need in your area.

Chimney & Fireplaces

James Ball

I am a chimney sweep with over 22 years of experience, CSIA certified and member of the NCSG, I can answer questions about smoky fire places, wood stoves, and heating units (boiler and furnace chimneys) do you need a relining? A cap? And much more

over 22 years

Chimney Safety Institute of America, National Chimney Sweep Guild

CSIA (Chimney Safety Institute of America) certified