Chimney & Fireplaces/Connecting a wood stove to a concrete block chimney

Question
I am looking for the proper way to connect a 6" metal wood stove pipe to a cement block chimney through a wood wall. This is in a garage and not done properly by the previous owner. Not a good story. It had a 6" single wall metal pipe going through a studded wall with a 1" thick tongue and groove siding. The cement block chimney (18"x18" block) is sitting against the outside wall.

I was doing some reading and cementing in a 6" clay pipe looks like a good idea, but it does not offer good fire protection through the wall. Maybe cementing a 6" triple wall pipe would give good fire protection, but does not seem to be correct.

Can you point me the right direction??? Thanks.

Answer
Hello Brian, 1st start with your local  building department, most will not let you install a wood stove in a garage, then I would have a local Certified Chimney Sweep www.csia.org, (there you can look up by zip code to find one near you) take a first hand look at what you have, inspect, clean and reline if necessary, they should be able to help.
Hope this helps
James

Chimney & Fireplaces

James Ball