Chimney & Fireplaces/Prefab panels

I just had my rear prefab panel replaced and it does not clip or match up identically with the side panels.  I think it is because my pre-fab panels are no longer available.   Is this ok or should I be worried? Should I caulk the top?

That you

Heello Sean, there should be a clip on top with 1 or 2 screws to hold it (check the 2 sides) if not you can make one (sheet metal and screw) that it does not "match up" should be ok and they should have a bit of play in them, but not fall out, I would have a local Certified Chimney Sweep, (there you can look up by zip code to find one near you) take a first hand look at what you have, they should be able to help.
Hope this helps

Chimney & Fireplaces

James Ball

I am a chimney sweep with over 22 years of experience, CSIA certified and member of the NCSG, I can answer questions about smoky fire places, wood stoves, and heating units (boiler and furnace chimneys) do you need a relining? A cap? And much more

over 22 years

Chimney Safety Institute of America, National Chimney Sweep Guild

CSIA (Chimney Safety Institute of America) certified