Chimney & Fireplaces/fireplace fan

We just bought a home that has a vexar DESA c36emw-rplb wood burning fireplace. When you turn on the toggle switch doe the fan, you can here the fan working, but it seems to be sucking ( in the bottom) air. We can find anyplace where the warm air is blowing out. Is there n issue or do we just not understand how it works?

Hello Rae, I looked through our 400 installation manuals I have access to and could not fine that unit, I have never heard of it, I would have a local Certified Chimney Sweep, (there you can look up by zip code to find one near you) take a first hand look at what you have, they should be able to help.
Hope this helps

Chimney & Fireplaces

James Ball

I am a chimney sweep with over 22 years of experience, CSIA certified and member of the NCSG, I can answer questions about smoky fire places, wood stoves, and heating units (boiler and furnace chimneys) do you need a relining? A cap? And much more

over 22 years

Chimney Safety Institute of America, National Chimney Sweep Guild

CSIA (Chimney Safety Institute of America) certified