Chimney & Fireplaces/Mod CC300,dated Aug 1984

Question
THE FIRE PLACE INSERT IS INSTALLED IN MY NEWLY AQUIRED WIFE'S HOUSE AND THE FAN SPEED IS ONLY ON HIGH. IS THERE A RHEOSTAT AVAILABLE FOR THAT TO CONTROL AT A SLOWER SPEED.  ALSO IS A THERE SCHEMATIC AVAILABLE OF THE FAN CONTROL AREA AND BLOWER AVAILABLE?

Answer
Hello Louis, with out the make, model and owners manual it would be very hard to find a replacement, that is was installed in 1984 makes that even harder. if you could get me that info I might be able to help,  an other option might be to remove the fan and take it to an wood stove store and see if they can match it up.
I would have a local Certified Chimney Sweep www.csia.org, (there you can look up by zip code to find one near you) take a first hand look at what you have, they should be able to help.
Hope this helps
James

Chimney & Fireplaces

James Ball