Chimney & Fireplaces/ohio law re:wood burning fireplace in condo

Do you know of any law/regulation regarding a wood burning fireplace in condos in Ohio.  We have a vented gas log fireplace now, and would like to convert to wood burning.  We have contacted a heating/air conditioning etc contractor and he has checked the sizes etc and said that we could convert per required regulations, but we may have a problem with our board.
We need to know if the State of Ohio has any laws regarding this in order to present our case.
Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

Hello Linda, not sure (I am in CT), contact your local building department, they will have your local code regarding fireplace's, and go over your condo by laws, also I would have a local Certified Chimney Sweep, (there you can look up by zip code to find one near you) take a first hand look at what you have, they should be able to help.
Hope this helps

Chimney & Fireplaces

James Ball

I am a chimney sweep with over 22 years of experience, CSIA certified and member of the NCSG, I can answer questions about smoky fire places, wood stoves, and heating units (boiler and furnace chimneys) do you need a relining? A cap? And much more

over 22 years

Chimney Safety Institute of America, National Chimney Sweep Guild

CSIA (Chimney Safety Institute of America) certified