Chimney & Fireplaces/Preway Type 8 Chimney pipe

I had a 2' section of Preway Type 8 chimney pipe damaged (above the roof) from a falling tree.  I understand that I must use Preway pipe which is no longer manufactured.  I found someone selling a section of Preway 8-A on the Internet but I have not been able to find Preway Type A.  I am wondering if Preway type 8-A will connect properly to Preway type 8?  If not can I bring the bent section to a good sheet metal shop and have it replicated - or is that a problem waiting to happen?  Thank you for your advice.

Hello Al, you can not mix and match the pipes but an A might fit a B if that is all you can find I would get that pipe and I would have a local Certified Chimney Sweep, (there you can look up by zip code to find one near you) take a first hand look at what you have, they should be able to help and be sure the pipes will work properly together.
Hope this helps

Chimney & Fireplaces

James Ball

I am a chimney sweep with over 22 years of experience, CSIA certified and member of the NCSG, I can answer questions about smoky fire places, wood stoves, and heating units (boiler and furnace chimneys) do you need a relining? A cap? And much more

over 22 years

Chimney Safety Institute of America, National Chimney Sweep Guild

CSIA (Chimney Safety Institute of America) certified