Chimney & Fireplaces/Heat From Wood Burning Heatilator

Question
We purchased a house with an existing wood burning heatilator. I fixed a fire and turned the blower on, I could hear the blower when the switch is on, however there never was any warm or hot air being blown out thru the top vent. It has 2 smaller intake vents on the front, any help with this would be appreciated, thank you.

Answer
Hello Tim, with out seeing it, it would be very hard to fix, it sounds like a Pre-Fab unit, do you hear a fan when you turn it on? if not the fan maybe broken or the Electric could be out, I would have a local Certified Chimney Sweep www.csia.org, (there you can look up by zip code to find one near you) take a first hand look at what you have, they should be able to help.
Hope this helps
James  

Chimney & Fireplaces

James Ball