Chimney & Fireplaces/Heat From Wood Burning Heatilator

We purchased a house with an existing wood burning heatilator. I fixed a fire and turned the blower on, I could hear the blower when the switch is on, however there never was any warm or hot air being blown out thru the top vent. It has 2 smaller intake vents on the front, any help with this would be appreciated, thank you.

Hello Tim, with out seeing it, it would be very hard to fix, it sounds like a Pre-Fab unit, do you hear a fan when you turn it on? if not the fan maybe broken or the Electric could be out, I would have a local Certified Chimney Sweep, (there you can look up by zip code to find one near you) take a first hand look at what you have, they should be able to help.
Hope this helps

Chimney & Fireplaces

James Ball

I am a chimney sweep with over 22 years of experience, CSIA certified and member of the NCSG, I can answer questions about smoky fire places, wood stoves, and heating units (boiler and furnace chimneys) do you need a relining? A cap? And much more

over 22 years

Chimney Safety Institute of America, National Chimney Sweep Guild

CSIA (Chimney Safety Institute of America) certified