Chimney & Fireplaces/rope gasket


QUESTION: hello James, I have a gas fire place, I just had it serviced and I need a new "rope gasket" model # DV750. By heat-a-lator, do you know where I can purchase one. Thank you,  Ray

ANSWER: Hello Ray, did you try your local wood stove store? if you bring the owners manual they should be able to find the right size, or if you do you should be able to find it on line.
hope this helped

---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

QUESTION: Thank you James just gave ya a great rating, since we bought the house used we do not have the owners manual but we do have the model # should I just go to heat-a-lator and look it up or do you have another web site you could send me, thanks ray

Welcome back Ray, I looked on the National Chimney Sweep Guild web site (over 400 owners manuals) and could not find that model,  and Heat-o0lator and did not see it, are you sure you have the right model number?
if that is it, then I would say take a measurement of the channel that the rope fits in and then go to a wood stove store and buy a few sizes and lengths, that might be the best bet at this point

Chimney & Fireplaces

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


James Ball


I am a chimney sweep with over 22 years of experience, CSIA certified and member of the NCSG, I can answer questions about smoky fire places, wood stoves, and heating units (boiler and furnace chimneys) do you need a relining? A cap? And much more


over 22 years

Chimney Safety Institute of America, National Chimney Sweep Guild

CSIA (Chimney Safety Institute of America) certified

©2017 All rights reserved.