Chimney & Fireplaces/brick on face of fireplace

Question
three of the stones that are set in the eyebrow above the fireplace blew off. The fire that was going was not exceptionally hot, The glue that was used to attach the stones is still on the face of the fireplace. I have small children and am worried that something is going on behind the brick. Thanks, Peggy

Answer
Hello Peggy, not sure what "eyebrow above fireplace" and how it could blow off, but it sounds like you have a face brick, stone to tile that was on the front of the fireplace and came off, (might have popped off from a hot fire) so 1st do not use that fireplace until you have it check by a pro, I would have a local Certified Chimney Sweep www.csia.org, (there you can look up by zip code to find one near you) take a first hand look at what you have, they should be able to help.
Hope this helps
Happy
Thanksgiving

James  

Chimney & Fireplaces

James Ball