Chimney & Fireplaces/Flapping sound

We recently purchased a house with a pre-fab chimney. Over the last couple of days we have had significant wind gusts and during these gusts, we hear a loud flapping sound coming from within the chimney  which sounds like a galvanized sheet flapping. What could this possibly be?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello Keith, has any one looked at the top of the chimney sounds like the "Chase pan cover" or cap that might be doing that, I would have a local Certified Chimney Sweep, (there you can look up by zip code to find one near you) take a first hand look at what you have, they should be able to help.
Hope this helps

Chimney & Fireplaces

James Ball

I am a chimney sweep with over 22 years of experience, CSIA certified and member of the NCSG, I can answer questions about smoky fire places, wood stoves, and heating units (boiler and furnace chimneys) do you need a relining? A cap? And much more

over 22 years

Chimney Safety Institute of America, National Chimney Sweep Guild

CSIA (Chimney Safety Institute of America) certified