Chimney & Fireplaces/Taking out gas logs

We have a temco fireplace TBF36-2. All the info I find online is for the TBF36-1. We recently purchased our home and I'd like to get rid of the gas logs. Was this fireplace originally a wood burning fireplace?

Hello Gracile, most are wood/gas set up fro the factory (but each unit can be different) after you remove the panel with the hole in it for the gas line you will have to replace that panel, I would have a local Certified Chimney Sweep, (there you can look up by zip code to find one near you) take a first hand look at what you have, they should be able to help.
Hope this helps

Chimney & Fireplaces

James Ball

I am a chimney sweep with over 22 years of experience, CSIA certified and member of the NCSG, I can answer questions about smoky fire places, wood stoves, and heating units (boiler and furnace chimneys) do you need a relining? A cap? And much more

over 22 years

Chimney Safety Institute of America, National Chimney Sweep Guild

CSIA (Chimney Safety Institute of America) certified