Chimney & Fireplaces/Woodburner between 2 seperate rooms

I have 2 fireplaces back to back between living room and hall . Both have a seperate chimney . Can I knock through and share a woodburner in the same space ?

Hello Mary, "Wood Burner"? I assume you  mean a Wood burning stove, if so any structural changes should be discussed with your local building department and in a engineer, I am not sure they make a 2 sided wood stove and if they do then that will have to be installed as per manufactures instructions. you could (if both are in good shape) install 2 wood stoves, I would have a local Certified Chimney Sweep, (there you can look up by zip code to find one near you) take a first hand look at what you have, they should be able to help.
Hope this helps

Chimney & Fireplaces

James Ball

I am a chimney sweep with over 22 years of experience, CSIA certified and member of the NCSG, I can answer questions about smoky fire places, wood stoves, and heating units (boiler and furnace chimneys) do you need a relining? A cap? And much more

over 22 years

Chimney Safety Institute of America, National Chimney Sweep Guild

CSIA (Chimney Safety Institute of America) certified