Chimney & Fireplaces/3 sided fireplace

I am looking at a home that has a 3 sided open gas fireplace that partially separates the dining room from the living area. It does not have any doors or enclosures.
Are doors needed?
Can doors be added?

Hello CM, not sure if that is a factory built fireplace or masonry, if it is factory then if they make glass door you much use theirs if masonry you can have a set make custom. I would have a local Certified Chimney Sweep, (there you can look up by zip code to find one near you) take a first hand look at what you have, they should be able to help a nd check that the fireplace isa in good working order
Hope this helps

Chimney & Fireplaces

James Ball

I am a chimney sweep with over 22 years of experience, CSIA certified and member of the NCSG, I can answer questions about smoky fire places, wood stoves, and heating units (boiler and furnace chimneys) do you need a relining? A cap? And much more

over 22 years

Chimney Safety Institute of America, National Chimney Sweep Guild

CSIA (Chimney Safety Institute of America) certified