Chimney & Fireplaces/3 sided fireplace

Question
I am looking at a home that has a 3 sided open gas fireplace that partially separates the dining room from the living area. It does not have any doors or enclosures.
Are doors needed?
Can doors be added?

Answer
Hello CM, not sure if that is a factory built fireplace or masonry, if it is factory then if they make glass door you much use theirs if masonry you can have a set make custom. I would have a local Certified Chimney Sweep www.csia.org, (there you can look up by zip code to find one near you) take a first hand look at what you have, they should be able to help a nd check that the fireplace isa in good working order
Hope this helps
James  

Chimney & Fireplaces

James Ball