Chimney & Fireplaces/HeatShield replacement

Question
Good morning,
 Could you possibly advise as to the average price to line a flue with HeatShield? I was recently quoted a price of $2750.00 and feel that is a bit high.
Thank you

Answer
Hello John, "a bit high" based on what? with out seeing the flue, it would be hard to say, most Stainless Steel repinings run 1500.00-3500.00, factors would be height, bends in the flue, size of the flue, difficulty of roof, are they doing the smoke chamber too, so if they are Certified then I would say that [rice is about right. I don't do Heat Shield, but hear good things about it and will be looking into it in the spring
hope this helped
James

Chimney & Fireplaces

James Ball