Chimney & Fireplaces/HeatShield replacement

Good morning,
 Could you possibly advise as to the average price to line a flue with HeatShield? I was recently quoted a price of $2750.00 and feel that is a bit high.
Thank you

Hello John, "a bit high" based on what? with out seeing the flue, it would be hard to say, most Stainless Steel repinings run 1500.00-3500.00, factors would be height, bends in the flue, size of the flue, difficulty of roof, are they doing the smoke chamber too, so if they are Certified then I would say that [rice is about right. I don't do Heat Shield, but hear good things about it and will be looking into it in the spring
hope this helped

Chimney & Fireplaces

James Ball

I am a chimney sweep with over 22 years of experience, CSIA certified and member of the NCSG, I can answer questions about smoky fire places, wood stoves, and heating units (boiler and furnace chimneys) do you need a relining? A cap? And much more

over 22 years

Chimney Safety Institute of America, National Chimney Sweep Guild

CSIA (Chimney Safety Institute of America) certified