Chimney & Fireplaces/dovre 300e

inside the stove, on the top where the combustor sits, there is a round metal thing that looks like a cut out of a waffle like with finger like metal pieces in different directions.  What is this thing called?  It looks like it would divert/prevent flying ash particles from entering the combustor.  Mine is all broken and needs replacing, but there is nothing in the manual that references this. Got any ideas?

Hello Gwen, if you have the owners manual and can scan a copy (or send me a link) I can go over it and see if I can find what you are talking about, it sounds like a Catalytic Converter (helps with re burning of smoke for better efficiency and less pollutant's)

Chimney & Fireplaces

James Ball

I am a chimney sweep with over 22 years of experience, CSIA certified and member of the NCSG, I can answer questions about smoky fire places, wood stoves, and heating units (boiler and furnace chimneys) do you need a relining? A cap? And much more

over 22 years

Chimney Safety Institute of America, National Chimney Sweep Guild

CSIA (Chimney Safety Institute of America) certified