Chimney & Fireplaces/dovre 300e

Question
inside the stove, on the top where the combustor sits, there is a round metal thing that looks like a cut out of a waffle like with finger like metal pieces in different directions.  What is this thing called?  It looks like it would divert/prevent flying ash particles from entering the combustor.  Mine is all broken and needs replacing, but there is nothing in the manual that references this. Got any ideas?

Answer
Hello Gwen, if you have the owners manual and can scan a copy (or send me a link) I can go over it and see if I can find what you are talking about, it sounds like a Catalytic Converter (helps with re burning of smoke for better efficiency and less pollutant's)
James

Chimney & Fireplaces

James Ball