Chimney & Fireplaces/Smoketite

I just had our fireplace chimney cleaned.This is in a 1920's era brick bungalow. The sweep noted some of the parge in the smoke chamber was cracked and falling off. He has recommended Smoketite as a repair and left a brochure. It looks like a good product but all brochures will.
Any experience with the product for this kind of repair?

Hello Rick, yes I have a great deal of experience with SmokTite, as I do 2-8 sprays a month of SmokTite my self, this is a Ceramic, Insulating , Cement mix that is sprayed into the smoke chamber and drys like cement, it is great for filling in small cracks and larger holes you can stuff with insulation first. it has a life time warranty and once applied should help make your fireplace system much safer. plese vist my web page for some before and after pictures
hope this helped

Chimney & Fireplaces

James Ball

I am a chimney sweep with over 22 years of experience, CSIA certified and member of the NCSG, I can answer questions about smoky fire places, wood stoves, and heating units (boiler and furnace chimneys) do you need a relining? A cap? And much more

over 22 years

Chimney Safety Institute of America, National Chimney Sweep Guild

CSIA (Chimney Safety Institute of America) certified