Chimney & Fireplaces/Elco Fireplace Insert Add Gas Log

Question
Hi James,
We have fireplace with a Elco Wood Burning Metal Insert. We had a professional run a gas line a few years ago and used it as a starter for wood logs.  We would now like to put in a gas log set and would like to know if you have suggestions or thoughts to be aware of.  We have been looking at the Eiklor Ultimate 5 Burner Technology Gas Log System.  We would appreciate your words of wisdom.  Thank you for your time and consideration. Pam

Answer
Hello Pam, as with any Pre Fab fireplace or insert you must follow the owners manual, if you do not have one then try to find it, if none is found I would not alter that unit even for the gas starter logs let alone gas logs. It may not be safe to use.
sorry, James

Chimney & Fireplaces

James Ball